The Johnson Houghton family are steeped in racing history.
Eve is the daughter of Fulke Johnson Houghton who trained at Woodway for over 40 years, having taken over from his mother Helen who in turn had taken over from her husband, Gordon.
From 1956 to the present day fifteen Group 1 winners have been trained here, notable successes included:
- RIBOCCO - St Leger & Irish Derby
- RIBERO - St Leger and Irish Derby
- HABITAT - Prix Moulin, Prix Quincy, Wills Mile, Lockinge Stakes
- DOUBLE FORM - King's Stand, Prix de L'Abbaye, Vernon's Sprint
- ILE DE BOURBON - King Edward VII, King George VI & Queen Elizabeth, Coronation Cup
- ROSE BOWL - Queen Elizabeth II (twice) & Champion Stakes
- TOUT SEUL - Dewhurst Stakes
Eve is following in her family's footsteps and has the experience to succeed at the very top. Having worked in London Eve returned to Lambourn and worked for Henry Ponsonby managing his successful racing syndicates.
Following this she spent six years with John Hills first as secretary, then as assistant trainer. During this time, John had such horses as Wind in Her Hair and Broadway Flyer.
In 1999 Eve returned to Woodway. In that first season the yard had success with Sobriety in the John Magnet Cup at York and it was three years later that the biggest recent success was to come. Eve & Fulke bought a yearling by Ali Royal at the 2001 Tattersalls Ireland yearling sale for 12,000 Irish punts. He went on to be called TOUT SEUL who ran seven times as a two year old, winning five of them culminating with the Group 1 Dewhurst Stakes.
Since Eve has taken over the reins at Woodway she has been building up on horse power thanks to support from current and new owners.